In 1908, we formed a corporation under the name The Ladies Pascoag Library Association. This still the legal name of Our Board of Trustees.
In April, 1913, at the Financial Town Meeting, $300 was appropriated for the establishment and maintenance of the library. In 2021 dollars, that is the equivalent of $7,970.12!!!
On June 14, the library formally opened on the first floor of Steere’s Block on Main Street where it would remain for the next 10 years. Stella Bates was librarian.